3D FPV camera The BlackBird 2
Features of The BlackBird 2:
- - Wireless video transmission in 3D with a single video transmitter (single video channel)
- - 3D SIDE BY SIDE - a very popular 3D video format supported by many devices: 3D video glasses, 3D TVs, etc
- - 3D SIDE BY SIDE CROP 16:9 - special 3D video format for 3D FPV headset type Oculus Rift or other hats built on a single display
- - 3D SIDE BY SIDE CROP - manual is a manual setting CROP mode.
- - 3D INTERLACE - comfortable 3D video format to work with third-party OSD modules.
- - 2D videomode.
- - Dual-channel 3D video mode - allows you to obtain the best stereo image
- - Plugins
- - The voltage from 5 to 15 Volts and up to 150 mA consumption
What are the distinctions The BlackBird 2 from the other FPV cameras?
Video in 3D:
People look at the world with two eyes and see its volume, it allows to man to orientate better in the space, gives the sense of speed and distance… When you use traditional 2D FPV camera, it is the same as to look at the world with one eye – to see the world flat, to see the world in 2D. Using 3D FPV camera The BlackBird you will receive 2 new sensations and emotions, you will look at the world with two eyes, you will see the world in volume – to see in 3D!
We wanted to make the camera universal and for this we have provided for various video formats: 3D SIDE BY SIDE 3D SIDE BY SIDE CROP 16:9, 3D SIDE-BY-SIDE CROP manual, INTERLACE 3D, 2D videomode, dual-channel videomode. The extensive number of supported video formats enables you to use flight stereo camera The BlackBird 2 almost with all equipment, whether it be 3D TV/monitor, 3D video glasses or stereogram for FPV.
BlackBird 2 can generate 3D video signal in INTERLACED 3D (field sequential 3D), SIDE BY SIDE full 3D or SIDE BY SIDE 3D crop formats. One video transmitter and one video receiver is used for 3d video signal transmission. This allows you to use BlackBird 2 with a large number of 3D video glasses and video headsets. Usually 3D video glasses use interlaced 3D or SBS full formats. For a single screen video headset (Oculus Rift DK1) the SBS format crop is used. For connection your BlackBird 2 to video glasses without analog (CVBS) video input, you can use the AV to HDMI Converter.
The flight stereo camera The BlackBird 2 has 3 analog video outputs, with which you can simultaneously receive video:
- the first output is needed to receive the 3D/2D video signal in the selected format.
- the second video output gives video in 2D-format from the right sensor.
- the third video output gives video in 2D-format from the left sensor.
The transmission 3D/2D video on one or two channels:
One video channel for the receiving and transmission of 3D video in 3D format SIDE BY SIDE or 3D INTERLACE. You can use one of the standard FPV video transmitter and a video receiver with a frequency of 900 MHz, 1.2 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz.
Two video channels are for use with video glasses 3D Sky Zone or with any other device (for example Transporter3D) where it is necessary to use two channels of video. You can use two standard FPV video transmitters and two video receiver and two with the frequency of 900 MHz, 1.2 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz!
On the front of the BlackBird 2 are 4 connectors for connecting various modules. This makes the camera unique and easy to use. Installing the camera module to the VTX now no need to think about where to position the video transmitter and how to fix. And using the module LED backlight, you can use the camera even in the dark!
To date, there are 3 types of modules:
- LED module 2W - is a source of artificial illumination in the visible human spectrum. Allows the use of BlackBird 2 in a dark room or at night;
- LED IR module 1W - is a source of artificial light in the infrared range. Allows the use of BlackBird 2 in a dark room or at night;
- VTX module 5.8GHz 200mW - allows you to send video and audio signal from the camera via radio to a distance of 1000 m. Compatible with the FatShark Raceband 5.8 GHz Module for video glasses Fat Shark.
Size, weight and power of the camera:
3D FPV camera “The BlackBird 2” has small weight - 21 grams and very convenient size – you can set the camera on the copter, glider or RC car! Camera consumes from 5 to 15 Volts, i.e. you can connect 3D FPV camera The BlackBird 2 to the onboard Li-Po battery 2S - 3S.
The BlackBird 2 can be used with any device that supports playback of 3D video format SIDE BY SIDE 3D or 3D INTERLACE, it can be 3D video glasses, 3D TV/monitor, 3D video headset, etc...
The list of supported video glasses:
|Side By Side 3D||Interlace 3D||2 AV|
Fat Shark Dominator HD
Fat Shark Dominator HD 2
Fat Shark Dominator V3
Carl Zeist Cinemizer
Vuzix Wrap 1200
Vuzix Wrap 920
iTVGoggles WideView 3D
Oculus Rift DK1
Prober EVG 920
Fat Shark Attitude V3 FPV Goggles w/ 3D Support
Sky Zone 3D
- Flights in a birchwood on 3D FPV camera BlackBird 2
- Testing latency the video 3D FPV camera BlackBird 2
- Blackbird 2 video demo of 3d modes
- 3D FPV camera The BlackBird 2 - stereoscopic video from onboard the RC cars 1:16
- 3D FPV camera The BlackBird 2 - stereoscopic flycamera, demonstration video
- Testing stereoscopic flight camera The BlackBird 2 and Samsung Galaxy S4 mini as a display for a VR 3D FPV headset
- Type of the video sensor: Aptina MT9V136
- Size and type of the matrix: 1/4" CMOS
- Size of array pixels : 680 x 512
- Sensitivity: 11.9 In/Lux-sec @ 550 nm
- Signal-to-noise ratio : 45 dB
Mechanical and operational characteristics:
- Weight of the camera: 23 g
- Weight of the camera with cable: 25 g
- Overall dimensions L, W, H: 59 mm, 28 mm, 27 mm
- Interface connector: On-Board part no df13-10P-1.25 H, on the cable part no df13-10S-1.25 C
- Working temperature: -30 ºC to +50 ºC
- Lens Focal length: 2.5 mm
- Viewing Angle : 90º for full frame
- Thread Type: M12 x 1
- IR cut Filter on the lens : 680 μm (day lens for color camera)
- Focus: Manual
- Supply Voltage: 5 V to 15 In
- Current consumption for 12V: 150mA
- Power consumption for 5ВV: 2.2 W
- Power consumption for 12V: 1.8 W
- SBS 16:9 cropped (Side by Side 16:9 cropped)
- SBS 4:3 cropped (Side by Side 4:3 cropped)
- SBS 4:3 compressed (Side by Side 4:3 flattened)
- SBS arbitrary circumcised
- Interlaced (Field Sequential 3D 4:3)
- Video Format: NTSC 525/60
- Video Output: 75 Ω, 1V
- Frame rate for each eye : 60 Hz
- Stereo base : 42 mm
- Adjusting convergence : Manual